Nestled in the heart of southern Kansas City is a place not found on a map. It is not a city, a township or a village, but say the name to anyone in the area and they’ll know exactly where to find it. For those who know it well, this place lives in the identity of local businesses, in school names, on street signs and in the hearts of the people. It is a community, an identity, and a culture. It is Blue Valley.
Blue Valley Schools has its own unique history – one defined by growth and expansion, excellence and success. A history that all began with a simple school district more than 50 years ago. Over the years, Blue Valley has become a destination school district for those moving to the area because of the dedicated educators, engaged families and students who achieve academic and personal excellence. Blue Valley is still that district – we are still the one that prioritizes exemplary educators, safe and inclusive environments, and an atmosphere that fosters creativity and meaningful educational opportunities. We are still the one who believes:
- A path to happiness is essential for all.
- Both mental and physical health are vitally important throughout life.
- Inclusion through celebration of diverse perspectives fosters understanding and acceptance.
- Relationships are essential to every aspect of life.
- Everyone deserves equitable opportunities to flourish.
- Collaboration and teamwork magnify individual and organizational excellence.
- Empathy empowers one to understand and help others.
- Everyone has the right to feel safe.
- Self-worth and the ability to succeed are grounded in love, compassion, consideration, and belonging.
- Honesty and integrity are fundamental to living a life of purpose.
- We are responsible for ourselves, our choices and the impact we have on others.
- Positivity always, and in all ways, defeats negativity.
- Confidence allows one to capitalize on opportunities, take appropriate risks and leads to resilience in the face of adversity.
We hold onto these beliefs and two driving forces that are influencing our decisions as we enter a new school year amid a continuing pandemic: The safety of our students is always paramount, and keeping our students in school – in person – is critical to their long-term success and well-being. Thank you to our community for supporting the teachers and administrators of the district as we start the school year with a goal of providing the best possible learning experience for the children of Blue Valley.
Our comment section is reserved for subscribers. Try a subscription today for just $1
$1 for your first month, then just $8.50 per month thereafter. Cancel anytime.Try for $1
$1 for your first month, then just $85 per year thereafter. Cancel anytime.Try for $1