Leawood’s Park Place has signed five new office leases, the shopping center’s owner KBS Real Estate Investment announced last week.
In total, the leases add up to more than 56,500 square feet of office space at the 10-building complex, which is across Nall Avenue from the former Sprint campus.
Park Place is a mix-used development of office, retail and nearby residential space located at 11549 Ash St. in Leawood, just north of Town Center Plaza/.
Here is a list of the new tenants:
- First Federal Bank of Kansas City, a regional banking institution that is relocating their headquarters to Park Place from Kansas City
- Torch Ai, a global artificial-intelligence firm founded in Leawood
- Raymond James, a global financial services firm
- Norris Keplinger Hicks & Welder Inc., a Kansas City-based law firm
- Seismic Digital, a Kansas City based marketing agency
“The combination of an excellent location with leading-edge amenities including unique shopping, dining, entertainment and event programming has been a huge draw for office tenants in the region,” Dan Park, asset manager for Park Park Place Village and senior vice president at KBS, said.
The newly signed offices join a host of retail tenants that have recently signed new leases at Park Place earlier this summer.
According to CBRE, a Texas-based commercial real estate and investment firm, a substantial number of longer-term leases were signed in the first half of 2021 in the Kansas City area compared to the previous year.
“Companies are in the post-pandemic mindset of returning to the office, and they are increasingly interested in the emerging markets that KBS has identified,” says Marc DeLuca, Eastern regional president for KBS.