New mental health co-responder is on the job at Johnson County Community College — Here is what they’ll do

The Johnson County Mental Health Center's co-responder program is adding a full-time clinician to Johnson County Community College. A total of 75% of the new position is funded by the college with the remaining 25% funded through a grant from the Overland Park-basedREACH Healthcare Foundation. File photo. 

Johnson County’s co-responder program, which allows mental health professionals to accompany police officers on 911 calls, is expanding once more.

Now, the Johnson County Mental Health Center is partnering with Johnson County Community College to provide a full-time clinician on the college’s campus to administer mental health services to students.