Dermatology spa chain LaserAway, which provides an array of cosmetic treatments, celebrated the grand opening of a new Leawood facility at Town Center Plaza last Wednesday.
Why it matters: The new location will be the first ever LaserAway in the Kanas City metro. The second closest location is in Oklahoma City.
The details: Located at 4832 W. 119th St., LaserAway says it is the “nation’s leader in aesthetic dermatology,” helping people with all different skin types for over a decade.
According to the company’s website, the services provided at the new Leawood LaserAway location are:
- Laser hair removal: A noninvasive treatment for permanent hair reduction, this service uses “cutting-edge” laser technology to reduce unwanted hair by 10%-15% per treatment.
- Laser tattoo removal: For those who have some tattoo regrets, this noninvasive service uses laser technology to remove unwanted ink from skin. The laser targets the ink while leaving surrounding areas unaffected.
- CoolSculpting: Permanently reducing fat cells up to 25% per treatment, CoolSculpting is a noninvasive procedure that sculpts the body by freezing pockets of unwanted fat cells.
- Thermage: This FDA-approved radiofrequency treatment tightens skin, smooth wrinkles and produces long-lasting results, which tend to appear gradually in two to six months following the treatment.
- Clear and Brilliant: Described as LaserAway’s top facial, Clear and Brilliant uses fractional laser technology to rejuvenate the skin from the inside out. Benefits can range from tone and texture enhancements to zapping away age spots.
- Botox: Using injectables, this service is both corrective and preventative by reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while preventing new ones from forming.
- Juvéderm: Another injection procedure, this minimally invasive procedure uses dermal fillers for an assortment of cosmetic fixings, such as creating fuller lips and smoothing wrinkles.
The company says its clinics are supervised by board-certified dermatologists, and its treatments are implemented by clinicians who undergo “one of the most comprehensive training programs in the business.”
Background: LaserAway was co-founded by brothers Scott, Todd and Brock Heckman and Dr. Roy Winston in West Hollywood, California in 2006.
Offering laser removal treatments from the very beginning, the dermatology spa has now expanded to more than 70 locations in over 10 states across the country.
According to officials, LaserAway centers have collectively performed over 2 million treatments in total since the company’s founding 16 years ago.