Foulston Siefkin LLC, one of the largest Kansas-based law firms, has plans to relocate its Overland Park office roughly a mile and a half away this June.
Where exactly: Currently located in the large office park known as Corporate Woods, Foulston is moving to the 14th floor of Lighton Tower at 7500 College Blvd.
The details: The law firm’s team of 20 lawyers and 12 staff will move into approximately 15,000 square feet on Lighton Tower’s top floor.
- The new space is about 5,000 square feet smaller than the firm’s current location, according to a press release.
- Nebel Construction Services, Gastinger Walker Architects, and owner’s representative Baron Contracting are handling renovation and updating the space for Foulston.
- Built in 1991, Lighton Tower is a LEED Gold certified building, recognizing its sustainability and efficiency.
Background: Foulston has offices in three cities: Overland Park, Wichita and Topeka.
- Founded in Wichita in 1919, Foulston’s first Kansas City-area office opened in 2002.
- The firm’s Kansas City-based lawyers practice primarily in the areas of business transactions, litigation, employment and labor, healthcare, real estate, and estate planning.
- Tony Rupp, Foulton’s partner-in-charge, said that the firm is proud to be in the heart of Johnson County and the dynamic businesses located there.
Key quote: “Overland Park is a dynamic community and a great place for us,” Rupp said in a statement. “We represent businesses, health care providers and governmental entities in the Kansas City area and this great location is a fit for us.”