A new restaurant and bar is getting ready to open its doors at Overland Park’s Prairiefire shopping center.
What’s the word? After a few months of construction and renovations, Veritas Whiskey & Wine is set to open July 13 at 5261 W. 135th St.
What’s on the menu: Veritas will feature an extensive wine list, whiskey collection and range of craft cocktails.
- As far as food goes, the American fusion menu includes entrees like steak, seafood, paella, burgers and salads, as well as shareable small plates like baked brie and fried calamari.
- On the weekends, Veritas will also offer a brunch with tapas-style small plates and brunch cocktails.
Behind the restaurant: Veritas chef and owner Rolfe Loomis also runs local catering company Plaza Catering.
- He also previously worked as an operating partner for Cinzetti’s Italian Market Restaurant in Overland Park.
- Loomis is a longtime executive chef, while Veritas co-owner Michael Magner’s background is in construction and restaurant ownership.
- Loomis said the Veritas is especially inspired by his visits to wine country in California.
Regular hours: Veritas will be open from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Monday through Wednesday.
- Weekend hours will be 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Thursday through Saturday and 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Sunday.