Construction is well underway on what will be a new Chick-fil-A in southern Overland Park.
Where exactly: The fast food franchise is in the process of being built at the southwest corner of 112th Street and Nall Avenue.
- The 4,989-square-foot restaurant will be the newest addition to the Galleria 115 site, which is planned as a mixed-use development and already includes a residential component.
- Construction on the restaurant will also ultimately include the addition of a double lane drive-thru and 42 accompanying parking spaces.
- Across Nall Avenue, the site also neighbors the existing Leawood Commons business center and is just north of the massive Aspiria development.
How it got here: Plans for the new restaurant gained the city of Overland Park’s approval last year.
- This came after developers of the Galleria 115 site received some pushback from the city council over the idea of including drive-thru restaurants in the development.
- The council ultimately approved the decision to include them at the site on a 9-2 vote.
Bigger picture: This new Chick-fil-A will mark the eighth franchise for the company in Johnson County and the third in the Blue Valley area.
- South Overland Park already has a Chick-fil-A location at off Highway 69 at 7500 W. 135th St., and there is also one on the Johnson County Community College campus.