Putt-putt, Johnson County: Happy Mini-Golf Day on this Wednesday.
Forecast: ⛅ High: 87, Low: 56. The final mini-heat wave of the summer has broken. A slight chance for rain and some thunderstorms possible this afternoon, increasing to 40% this evening.
- The city of Mission will hold a formal groundbreaking this afternoon at 4:30 p.m. for the new Residence on Rock Creek, a 176-unit apartment complex planned for the site of the former Mission Bowl bowling alley off Johnson Drive. You can RSVP here.
- Take your pup to the K tonight for “Bark at the Park” as the Royals take on the Minnesota Twins at 7:10 p.m. Available tickets start at $10.
- The Overland Park City Council’s Finance, Administration and Economic Development Committee meets at 7 p.m. tonight and will get an update on STAR bond funding for the Bluhawk project.
- Overland Park native and Emmy winner Jason Sudeikis will return to Kansas City in person this November to host his annual fundraiser Thundergong! at the Uptown Theater. [Kansas City Star]
- The Lenexa Police Department is one of the first in the country to use new texting technology that sends residents follow-up messages after they call 911 about the status of the response to their emergency. [KMBC]
- The temperature of 99 degrees on Tuesday was the hottest September day temperature recorded in the Kansas City metro since 2013 and set a record for the hottest Sept. 20 on record in the region, according to the National Weather Service. [NWS Twitter]