Good morning, Johnson County! Welcome to a fresh new day. Here’s a quick update to get you caught up.
Forecast: 🌧 High: 61, Low: 54. A 40% chance of showers and thunderstorms, including before 10 a.m. and again between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Otherwise, we’ve got mostly cloudy skies and light breezes.
- Heart to Gold is performing at 8 p.m. tonight at the Uptown Theater in Kansas City, Missouri. Tickets here.
- The Kansas City Royals play against the Minnesota Twins at 1:10 p.m. today at Kauffman Stadium. Tickets here.
- The Johnson County Board of County Commissioners meets at 9:30 a.m. today to consider terminating an agreement with Evergreen Living Innovations Inc. regarding renovation project for the county nursing center, and approving a stormwater management program for $17 million and a county road assistance program, also for $17 million. Agenda here.
- The Kansas Juvenile Officers Association honors Erik Clark, school resource officer at Olathe East High, for valor during a school shooting that occurred earlier this year. [KCTV]
- A 13-year-old girl has pleaded guilty to a felony charge of interference with law enforcement stemming from the fatal shooting of a 19-year-old that took place in an Olathe park in May. [The Kansas City Star]