Clairvaux, a Fairway-based boutique specializing in designer women’s clothing, is officially opening its second location Friday in south Overland Park.
Where exactly: Clairvaux moved into a space at 11934 Roe Avenue, at the Hawthorne Plaza shopping center, neighboring The Mixx on the southern side of the complex.
- The new store will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and 12 p.m. to 5 p.m on Sunday.
What Clairvaux offers: Owner Joni Johnson describes her inventory as “Parisian chic meets California cool”.
- The store offers a range of women’s clothing items from emerging designers.
- Some of those items include dresses, pants and jackets — in addition to footwear and accessories like rings, belts and scarves.
- Clairvaux also offers specialty services, including appointments with an in-store personal stylist and “closet edits” where stylists remove outdated items.
Bigger picture: This is the first expansion into the Blue Valley area for the northeast Johnson County boutique.
- As the second location opens, this week also marks the two-year anniversary of the opening of Clairvaux’s flagship store at the Fairway Shops.
What they’re saying: “I spent most of my career in fashion out south actually, when I worked for Standard Style,” she said, referring to the one-time clothing store at Town Center Plaza in Leawood. “I have a really great clients that I’ve worked with for the past 18 years, and a lot of them have always just told me when I opened (Clairvaux) in Fairway, ‘Man, I really wish you were out south.'”
How the two Clairvaux stores will compare
The Fairway boutique will remain open, but Johnson said the inventories at the two stores may be slightly different in terms of different colors and designers.
- The Hawthorne Plaza store also has an office space at the center for the store’s e-commerce inventory.
- “There’s going be some overlap, but everyone can check out both collections and find different things and each store,” Johnson said.