Blush Boot Camp, a fitness studio with an emphasis on female empowerment, has opened its newest Johnson County studio in south Overland Park.
Where exactly: The fitness studio operates at 7741 West 159th St., at the Bluhawk shopping center.
- The studio is on the east side of the shopping center, near the recently-opened Andy’s Frozen Custard.
- The new studio will hold an official grand opening event on Oct. 21.
Hours: Blush Bluhawk is open from 5 a.m. to 11 a.m. and from 3:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Monday through Thursday — but only until 6:30 p.m. on Friday.
- Weekend hours are 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
Background: Blush offers “boot camp” fitness classes with different focus areas for each day of the week — from quads and calves to core and cardio.
- The gym advertises an emphasis on female empowerment, including its heavily pink décor.
- Blush offers memberships on four different tiers, ranging from a 12-session plan to an 18-month plan with unlimited sessions.
- The company opened its first studio in the fall of 2018 and now has franchises in eight different states.
More about Blush Boot Camp in JoCo
This marks the sixth Johnson County Blush studio, with another one in the works in Shawnee.
- This year, two new Johnson County Blush studios also opened in Prairie Village and in Lenexa, owned and operated by the same mother-daughter team.
- Outside of Johnson County, Blush also has a number of studios on the Missouri side of the Kansas City metro — including two in Kansas City and one in Lee’s Summit.
- Blush is also one of several new tenants to open at the Bluhawk shopping center this year, with more to come — including Five Guys Burgers and Fries this month.
What they’re saying: “We just want to build a community of women that that will feel good with each other,” said Moran Alon, owner of Blush Bootcamp at Bluhawk. “We’re just at the beginning, but that’s our hope —to have a big community here that supports each other.”