HomeGrown Kitchen, a restaurant specializing in breakfast and lunch, has its first Johnson County location in the works.
Where exactly: The restaurant is slated for a spring 2023 opening at Leawood’s Camelot Court shopping center.
- The restaurant will operate at 11705 Roe Ave., near Smoothie King and Mr. Gyro’s Greek Food & Pastry.
- The restaurant is the latest in a growing number of restaurants with Kansas City locations that plan to expand into Leawood — including the incoming Mission Taco Joint at Park Place and the incoming Rockhill Grille at Town Center Crossing.
What’s on the menu: Some of the restaurant’s breakfast options include cinnamon swirl French toast, avocado toast, eggs benedict, and biscuits and gravy.
- In addition to breakfast, HomeGrown also offers a lunch menu with sandwiches, salads and soups.
- The restaurant’s drink menu ranges from coffee drinks to cocktails like mimosas and peach bellinis.
- HomeGrown’s menu also features some seasonal additions — some of which, for the fall, include pumpkin pie lattes and sweet potato pancakes.
What it’s replacing: The space previously housed the Corner Bakery.
- The chain closed its Leawood location last weekend after almost 10 years in business.
- When it opened in 2013, it was the first Corner Bakery location to open in Johnson County.
- The Corner Bakery still has another nearby location at south Overland Park’s Corbin Park shopping center.
Bigger picture: This marks HomeGrown’s first expansion into the Blue Valley area Johnson County as a whole — as well as the Kansas side of the Kansas City metro area.
- HomeGrown originated in Wichita and has three locations there, but owners Jon and Lauren Rolph have also opened two Missouri locations in Liberty and in Kansas City’s Brookside neighborhood.
- Kansas City’s existing HomeGrown location is open from 6:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. every day of the week.
Our comment section is reserved for subscribers. Try a subscription today for just $1
$1 for your first month, then just $8.50 per month thereafter. Cancel anytime.Try for $1
$1 for your first month, then just $85 per year thereafter. Cancel anytime.Try for $1