Welcome to another week, Johnson County!
Forecast: 🌤️ High: 59, Low: 50. Mostly sunny with increasing clouds later this evening with a chance for raining starting after midnight.
- The Prairie Village City Council meets at 6 p.m. tonight and, among other items, will discuss a potential change to rules governing public comment at city council meetings.
- The USD 232 school board meets tonight at 6 p.m. and, among other things, will be asked to approve an executive search firm to conduct a search for a new superintendent to replace Frank Harwood, who plans to retire next summer.
- The Lenexa Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. tonight and will consider a number of items, including rezoning for the proposed Clear Creek Landing residential development at 83rd Street and Clare Road.
- The Leawood City Council meets at 7 p.m. tonight and will discuss proposed traffic calming measures around the East Village apartment development off 133rd Street, which was previously dubbed Camerons Court.
- The Overland Park City Council meets at 7:30 p.m. tonight and, among other items, will consider voting to remove traffic signals at the intersection at 91st Street and Nieman Road.
- The Shawnee Planning Commission meets at 7:30 p.m. tonight and will consider a proposed expansion of the Walmart on Silverheel Street.
- Former University of Kansas distance runner Sharon Lokedi, a Kenya native, won the New York City Marathon on Sunday. [Kansas City Star]
- Three juveniles were seriously injured following a crash Saturday night in Olathe near the intersection of 56 Highway and Mahaffie Street. [Fox 4]
- Kansas Secretary of State Scott Schwab predicted turnout in Tuesday’s general election could hit 53%, a slight decrease from turnout in the 2020 presidential election. [Kansas Reflector]