Welcome back from the weekend, Johnson County! Let’s get this week started off right.
Forecast: 🌤️ High: 41, Low: 29. Partly cloudy with increasing chance of rain later. Up to one inch of snow expected to accumulate overnight.
- The Overland Park Planning Commission meets at 1:30 p.m. today and will, among other items, consider a rezoning proposal for apartments at 135th and Antioch.
- The city of Prairie Village’s Ad-Hoc Civic Center Committee meets at 4 p.m. this afternoon and take another look at a market sustainability report done before the pandemic that proposed a new YMCA near the city’s municipal campus.
- The Shawnee City Council meets at 6 p.m. tonight and will, among other items, will discuss a presentation about city pools, including potentially increasing user fees and lowering hours of operation in future years.
- The Shawnee Mission school board meets at 6 p.m. tonight and could take a final vote on a special committee’s recommendation to redraw the attendance boundaries of Briarwood Elementary.
- The Blue Valley school board meets at 6 p.m. tonight and, among other agenda items, will review proposed names for the district’s newest elementary school in the southwest corner of the district.
- A Shawnee woman and a seven-year-old child were injured after their car overturned multiple times in Franklin County, Kan., on Friday evening, according to the sheriff’s office. [Kansas City Star]
- Newly reelected U.S. Rep. Sharice Davids told KCUR’s “Up To Date” that passage of a new Farm Bill is at the top of her priority list for the new Congress which starts in January. [KCUR]
- Five Johnson County schools — Blue Valley West, Blue Valley Southwest, St. James Academy, St. Thomas Aquinas and Bishop Miege — advanced to the state football quarterfinals in their respective classes. [Sports in Kansas]