Wake up, Johnson County! It’s your midweek check-in.
Forecast: ☀️ High: 33, Low: 21
- Join the Kansas City Symphony for a free happy hour concert in the lobby of the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts tonight, starting at 5 p.m. There’s no price to get in but spots must be reserved in advance here.
- The Overland Park City Council’s Finance, Administration and Economic Development Committee will hear developers’ plans for the former Deer Creek Golf Course that reverts back to a previous proposal to build an apartment complex instead of single-family homes. See the full agenda.
- The Mission City Council, among items, is set to vote on the city’s next capital improvement master plan. See the full agenda.
- A bicyclist is suing the city of Olathe for $75,000 after crashing on a city trail last year. She alleges the trail was muddy, slick and not well-maintained. [Kansas City Star]
- It appears Kansas voters have narrowly rejected a constitutional amendment that would have shifted some rule-making power to the Republican-dominated state Legislature from the executive branch, which is currently led by Democrat Laura Kelly. [Kansas News Service]
- Prairie Village native Joyce DiDonato earned a Grammy nomination the Best Classical Solo Vocal Album category for her album “Eden.” DiDonato has been nominated for 11 Grammys in her career and won three times previously. [KCUR]