First Option Bank based in Osawatomie, Kan., plans to open its first Blue Valley area branch soon.
Where exactly: The new First Option Bank branch will operate at 7300 West 159th Street.
- The site is across U.S. 69 Highway from the burgeoning Bluhawk shopping center, which is also expecting a new bank branch with the opening soon of a new Chase Bank branch.
Catch up quick: First Option Bank originated in Osawatomie in 1923.
- The bank offers a range of standard financial services, including persona and business accounts, home loans, insurance and investment services.
- Most of the company’s branches operate in Miami County, but First Option also has some branches in Missouri.
- The bank also offers services for credit and debit cards, as well as online and mobile banking.
Bigger picture for First Option Bank in Overland Park
In addition to being the first Blue Valley area branch for First Option Bank, the prospective branch on 159th Street marks the first Johnson County location for the company.
- Other First Option Bank branches in Kansas include locations in Louisburg, Paola, LaCygne and Spring Hill.
- Across state lines, the company also has branches in St. Joseph, Elwood, Troy and Horton, Mo.