A new hypnotherapy clinic has opened in south Leawood.
Hypnotherapy with Harley Sears, a practice offering services for a range of physical and emotional conditions, opened at the end of 2022.
Hypnotherapy with Harley Sears is at Park Place
- The new clinic operates inside Suite 200 at 5251 West 116th Place, at the Park Place shopping center, in a space neighboring the Bar Method and Verdigris.
- Sears accepts appointments from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The sessions include talking and hypnosis
- Sears has practiced hypnotherapy for 20 years after finding out about the treatment during his time working at a psychiatric hospital.
- At his new Leawood office, he offers hypnotherapy services for a range of conditions, including stress, sleep problems, phobias, substance abuse and weight loss.
- Sessions cost $150, and they typically break down into 30 minutes of discussion about the patient’s background and 30 minutes of hypnosis.
Sears says hypnotherapy is not how it looks in movies
- He admits it’s an “unusual career”, but Sears said he has noticed patients experience much faster responses to hypnotherapy than more traditional forms of treatment.
- He adds that the typical media depiction of hypnosis is entertaining but not realistic to how hypnotherapy actually works.
- “When we think of hypnosis, we think about the stuff we see on TV — the cartoon version of hypnosis — and it couldn’t be any further than that,” he said. “People who come to see me are looking either for an alternative, or something to complement the treatment they’re already getting.”