Private chef Swetha Newcomb is opening a modern Asian restaurant at the Bluhawk shopping center in southern Overland Park this summer.
Of Course Kitchen & Company, Bluhawk’s first local restaurant, debuts in early June at 7753 W. 159th St.
The menu fuses American and modern Asian concepts
- Some of the items on the restaurant’s menu will include seared Tomahawk ribeye, pistachio-crusted chicken with curry caramel mustard sauce, and charred chicken lollipops with cucumber relish.
- The restaurant will operate from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday.
- “I think our cuisine is going to be unique even if it was a restaurant in Kansas City,” Newcomb said. “It is going to be very different types of ingredients and unique dishes that you probably wouldn’t try in a small town in Kansas.”
Newcomb started out as a private chef and caterer
- After earning a bachelor’s degree from the University of Kansas, she enrolled in Johnson County Community College’s chef apprenticeship program to pursue her childhood dream of becoming a chef.
- She then worked in Kansas City restaurants for three years before pursuing her own company — which offers catering and private dinners with wine pairings.
- With the opening of her new restaurant, Newcomb is planning to end catering services. She is exploring whether Of Course will continue offering private dinners like she has in the past.
Newcomb said she looks forward to seeing Of Course come together
- She said “Of Course” became a signature phrase while serving guests at private dinners years ago.
- This, combined with the fine dining pun, inspired her restaurant’s name.
- “It’s been really exciting because you know, you dream about doing something like this for a long time,” she said. “It’s really inspiring to see all your ideas come to life.”
Want more? Click here to see more from Of Course Kitchen & Company; Bluhawk developers prepare to break ground on next bigger phase of project — Here’s what to expect
Our comment section is reserved for subscribers. Try a subscription today for just $1
$1 for your first month, then just $8.50 per month thereafter. Cancel anytime.Try for $1
$1 for your first month, then just $85 per year thereafter. Cancel anytime.Try for $1