JINYA Ramen Bar, which is known for its authentic Japanese flavors, officially opened Monday at Bluhawk in southern Overland Park.
Located at 7761 W. 159th St., JINYA’s Bluhawk restaurant is the company’s first Kansas City metro location, as well as its first in Kansas.
The line was out the door Monday evening in high anticipation for the restaurant, which features a full bar, patio and an open-view kitchen that serves a variety of authentic ramen bowls.
The restaurant menu features “slow cooked” ramen
- Customers can choose from more than a dozen different ramen options that are each simmered for 20 hours to create deep flavors.
- Some ramen varieties include the “Spicy Chicken Ramen,” which comes with chicken chashu, spinach and spicy bean sprouts, as well as the “JINYA Tonkotsu Original” that has pork chashu, spinach, a seasoned egg and nori (dried seaweed).
- To celebrate the grand opening, the first 50 guests in line at 11 a.m. received free ramen bowls, and then again for the first 50 in line at 5 p.m.
JINYA isn’t just for ramen lovers
- The restaurant’s menu features several mix-and-match options under its small plates, including edamame, mini tacos, gyoza, pork spare ribs and spicy tuna and salmon cones.
- JINYA also has a lineup of plant-based foods, including Impossible tacos and rice bowls.
- For drinks, the restaurant houses a full bar with a drink menu that highlights sake flights, local craft beers and a variety of Japanese whiskies, and Toki Highball cocktails.
JINYA has more than 50 other locations
- Owner Tomo Takahashi founded the first JINYA Ramen Bar in 2010 after moving to the United States from Tokyo, Japan.
- Prior to living in the U.S., Takahashi opened his first ramen-style restaurant in Tokyo in 2000.
- “We’re beyond excited to bring our authentic Japanese ramen and tapas to the Kansas City metro,” local franchise owner David Sopark said in a statement.
Want more? Nico & Ana’s Italian Street Food coming to south Overland Park
Our comment section is reserved for subscribers. Try a subscription today for just $1
$1 for your first month, then just $8.50 per month thereafter. Cancel anytime.Try for $1
$1 for your first month, then just $85 per year thereafter. Cancel anytime.Try for $1