Abelardo’s Mexican Fresh, a quick-service Mexican restaurant, has opened its newest Johnson County location in southern Overland Park.
The Nebraska-based chain officially opened its doors last month in the space formerly occupied by Taco Viá at 12224 W. 135th St. in the Prairie Center complex near Quivira Road.
It serves all the classics plus all-day breakfast
- The restaurant’s menu features a variety of options, including burritos, fajitas, enchiladas, tacos, quesadillas, tortas, tostadas and nachos.
- Abelardo’s also has an all-day breakfast menu that has several types of breakfast burritos and breakfast plates, including the “steak ranchero” that comes with steak and two fried eggs served with rice and beans.
- For dessert, the Overland Park franchise sells churros, cheesecake chimichangas and cinnamon chips.
This is Abelardo’s first Overland Park location
- The franchise currently has one other Johnson County location in Olathe at 2055 E. Santa Fe St. in the Crossroads Shopping Center, according to the company’s website.
- Its new Overland Park location is open from 7 a.m. to 12 a.m. Sunday through Thursday, and 6 a.m. to 2 a.m. Friday and Saturday.
Abelardo’s began in Omaha in 2001
- The franchise was started by Abelardo Gonzalez, who opened the first Abelardo’s in Omaha, Neb., in 2001.
- “At Abelardo’s Mexican Fresh, we strive to provide our guests with authentic Mexican food, prepared fresh, served fast and full of flavors,” the company said in a statement.
- Since 2001, the company has expanded to more than 30 locations in states across the Midwest, including Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Iowa, Oklahoma and Illinois.