Work has begun on what will become roughly 18 acres of new homes in southern Leawood.
Construction began earlier this year on the Regents Park development, which includes 81 residences near 137th Street and Kenneth Road.
This comes as the city reviews plans for a new clubhouse at the site as well — which the Leawood Planning Commission approved this week.
Regents Park will include multiple housing types
- Construction recently started on luxury twin villas on the south side of the development, which will come in options of two-, three- and four-bedroom homes.
- The site will also include townhomes, each with two bedrooms and two bathrooms.
- As approved by the planning commission on Tuesday, Lenexa-based Klover Architects also plans to build a 1,198-square foot clubhouse, which will include a pool, dog park and pickleball court.
The site neighbors the incoming One35 development
- The Regents Park project by Overland Park-based Lashbrook Companies neighbors the incoming mixed-use One35 project under the same ownership.
- The One35 project includes 184 apartments on the north side of 137th Street.
- In addition to apartments, city documents say the One35 plan also includes retail and office space.
Other residential developments are nearby
- The development will add to an existing mix of residential developments in the area, including the Leawood Falls Subdivision and the Villas of Highlands Ranch to the south.
- The site is also just north of the Leawood at State Line apartment complex.
- It’s also near the site of the recently-approved East Village development, which will add another 404 housing units of various types to the area.
Go deeper: View more detailed plans for the residential development here.
Our comment section is reserved for subscribers. Try a subscription today for just $1
$1 for your first month, then just $8.50 per month thereafter. Cancel anytime.Try for $1
$1 for your first month, then just $85 per year thereafter. Cancel anytime.Try for $1