Kansas City’s McLain’s Market will soon open its newest Overland Park location.
The long-standing restaurant and bakery — which sells a range of sandwiches, salads and baked goods — will open a new southern Overland Park location this fall.
McLain’s Market will operate at 15102 Travis St.
- The restaurant will move into a 3,200-square-foot building off 151st Street and Metcalf Avenue.
- The space previously housed the Jersey Boyz Subs and Deli, which closed in 2022.
- The restaurant will neighbor Aspen’s Restaurant & Lounge and Collector’s Choice Trains.
McLain’s Market already has one Overland Park location
- The Kansas City eatery opened its first Overland Park location in 2016, in what used to be a Shell gas station at 10695 Roe Ave.
- The restaurant has become quite popular in Overland Park since then, and owner Mollie Lothman said this often results in a parking problem at its Roe Avenue location — a factor that, in part, led to the need for a second eatery and bakery in Overland Park.
- McLain’s Market will have the same operating hours as its other locations: 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday and Monday, and 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday.
This is also Johnson County’s third McLain’s Market
- The McLain’s family opened the original McLain’s Bakery in 1945, which still operates in Kansas City, Missouri’s Waldo neighborhood.
- Since then, the company has changed hands twice and opened two more Johnson County locations — the Roe Avenue location and another in downtown Shawnee.
- McLain’s Market is continuing to expand across the Kansas City metro area, with another new location planned this fall in North Kansas City.