A new dog obedience and agility training center is on its way to Overland Park.
Zoom Room Dog Training is preparing to open the doors of its first Johnson County location this summer, along the 135th Street corridor in south Overland Park.
Where is it exactly?
- The new Zoom Room will operate at 11670 W. 135th St., in a space at Overland Park’s Quivira Crossings shopping center, just northwest of St. Andrew’s Golf Club.
- It will neighbor Ultimate Escape Day Spa and Hakata Sushi & Hibachi at the shopping center.
- The facility offers classes in obedience, agility and dog socialization at different levels — as well as “puppy preschool” classes.
Zoom Room teaches “positive dog training methods”
- Dog owners can book either small group classes or private sessions with Zoom Room trainers.
- Zoom Room also offers speciality workshops with specific programming, including workshops for dogs training to be therapy dogs or rescue dogs that have anxiety about meeting new people.
- In addition to training, Zoom Room will also offer a retail component with items like dog leashes, harnesses and enrichment toys.
This is Zoom Room’s first Johnson County location
- Zoom Room in Overland Park is also the first in Kansas more broadly.
- In addition to the southern Overland Park location, the company also has a new Lenexa facility in the works — as well as one in Basehor, Kan.
- The California-based company was founded in 2007 and has training rooms in 29 states across the country.
Want more business news? Messenger Coffee halts plans for shop at Overland Park’s Prairiefire