A clinic offering “advanced” counseling and treatment for conditions like depression, addiction and post-traumatic stress disorder, is now offering its services in Overland Park.
Local practice Interpersonal Psychiatry opened a new clinic in southern Overland Park earlier this month.
The clinic plans to officially celebrate its opening with a ribbon-cutting ceremony in July.
Where is it?
- The clinic operates at 7011 W. 121st St., Suite 105, neighboring the Corporate Lakes Suites off 121st Street and Metcalf Avenue.
- Interpersonal Psychiatry operates from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Interpersonal Psychiatry specializes in “advanced therapies”
- The practice primarily treats mental health conditions like depression, anxiety and PTSD.
- The clinic offers individual counseling and group therapy sessions, as well as treatments through ketamine therapy — administered through an IV — and trans cranial magnetic stimulation, or TMS, which entails using magnetic fields to stimulate the brain.
- The Overland Park practice is led by Dr. Ifhan Handoo, a psychiatrist who specializes in “treatment-resistant” depression — which the Mayo Clinic defines as depression that antidepressant medications or psychological counseling might not be able to treat.
Mental health services have expanded locally recently
- Outside of the Overland Park clinic, Interpersonal Psychiatry has three more locations in Kansas City, Missouri, and in Lawrence and Topeka.
- The addition of Interpersonal Psychiatry adds to a recent expansion in mental health services in Overland Park and Johnson County — following the recent opening of Ellie Mental Health last month.
- The Johnson County Mental Health Center also recently partnered with local group Down Syndrome Innovations to offer mental health care to people with Down syndrome.