Closures along U.S. Highway 69 require commuters to change their daily driving routing through Overland Park this month.
A new closure began at the end of last week, with another expected later this month and others continuing through the summer.
This comes as the latest step in years-long efforts to add express toll lanes along the highway. The project is scheduled for completion by 2025.
The southbound ramp at 151st Street will close for a month
- The ramp closed Thursday and will remain that way for approximately a month.
- Grading and paving work on the ramp will take place during that time.
- Drivers can take a detour off the 159th Street Interchange, then back down Antioch Road or Metcalf Avenue toward 151st Street.
Another closure is coming later this month
- Starting at 8 p.m. on July 21, both lanes of 139th Street will close for a partial bridge demolition.
- This closure will continue until 6 a.m. on July 23.
- Drivers heading east can take a detour to Antioch Road and then north to 135th Street, while drivers heading west can take a detour to Metcalf Avenue and then north to 135th Street.
Closures further north will continue through July
- The southbound right lane closure on the bridge over Indian Creek off 119th Street will continue until July 28.
- The weekday closure on the southbound left lane from 103rd Street to I-435 will also end on July 28.
- Nighttime drivers can also expect nightly closures of the northbound and southbound left lanes to and from 103rd Street to I-435 to continue until July 29.
Go deeper: Find a complete list of U.S. 69-related closures and construction updates here as they continue to change.