Houndstooth, a high-end men’s clothing retailer specializing in handmade suits, has officially expanded beyond its Kansas City homebase.
The store recently opened its second location in southern Leawood.
Houndstooth operates at 4250 W. 119th St.
- The store moved into a space on the south end of the Camelot Court shopping center.
- The space previously housed Glitters Fine Jewelry.
- Houndstooth neighbors Great Clips at the shopping center.
Houndstooth sells high-end suits
- The store’s suit inventory ranges from $600 to $800, coming in fabrics ranging from wool and cashmere to silk and linen.
- Customers can also design a custom suit with a fabric of choice, which comes with three fitting appointments and starts at $1,250.
- Outside of suits, Houndstooth also carries casual wear — including sport courts, button-down shirts and footwear.
This marks Houndstooth’s first Johnson County store
- Houndstooth owner Jeff Covitz initially opened the store in 2014 in Kansas City’s River Market.
- Before that, his father, Rick Covitz, owned and operated Overland’s Rick’s Tailoring & Menswear from 1978 to 2011.
- Going back farther, Covitz’ grandfather Leo Zemelmen owned and operated Leo’s Tailor Shop at 60th and Oak streets in Kansas City from 1952 to 1999.
- Houndstooth in Leawood operates from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
Want more Camelot Court news? HomeGrown Kitchen now serving brunch and lunch in Leawood