A popular Kansas City restaurant is on its way to Johnson County.
French restaurant Aixois, which operates at the Crestwood Shops in Kansas City’s Brookside area, will open its first Johnson County location in Leawood soon.
The restaurant is targeting an early 2024 opening, according to officials at the Park Place retail complex.
Aixois will open at 11570 Ash St.
- The restaurant will occupy a space at Leawood’s Park Place shopping center off 115th Street and Nall Avenue.
- Aixois will neighbor Upgrade Group Training at the shopping center.
- The restaurant will occupy the space that formerly housed Pig & Finch Gastropub, which shuttered roughly a year ago.
Aixois serves “classic” French fare
- The restaurant’s lunch and dinner menus feature items like salmon salads, calamari, croque monsieur sandwiches and duck confit.
- Aixois also offers a breakfast menu with items like quiche lorraine, omelettes, yogurt parfaits and steel-cut oatmeal.
- In addition to food, the restaurant also offers a range of cocktails, a coffee bar and an extensive wine list.
Park Place has recently seen a lot of turnover
- Aixois comes as the latest in a growing number of new additions to the southern Leawood shopping center.
- Further down the street, Lalli’s Boutique recently opened its doors on the east side of the shopping center.
- Sportswear store Sandlot Goods also opened its first Johnson County storefront at Park Place earlier this fall.