Happy Wednesday, Blue Valley!
☀️ Today’s forecast: Sunny, then mostly clear in the evening. High 69. Low: 49.
🚨 One thing to know today
Ahead of the Kansas City Chiefs big Super Bowl rematch with the Philadelphia Eagles on Monday Night Football next week, Johnson Countians can take part in a sporting competition of their own.
From now until Saturday, golf store PXG at 7517 W. 119th St. is challenging its counterpart store in Philadelphia in a long-drive competition.
Fans (and golfers) in both cities can participate by taking three swings per day from now until Saturday.
Each fan will get an extra five yards tacked on to their yardage for every piece of Chiefs merch they’re wearing.
The losing store team will have to wear branded PXG caps of the rival team following the game.
🗓 Public meetings Wednesday
- Overland Park Finance, Administration and Economic Development Committee, 7 p.m. [View agenda]
- Johnson County Park & Recreation District Board [View agenda]
🚀 Post’s top stories
- Plan for 39-home neighborhood in new area of Overland Park moves ahead
- Blue Valley to pare down popular Chinese Immersion program
- Local obituaries for Nov. 10-13
- Divided city council approves alcohol sales at Overland Park arboretum cafe
- Blue Valley teachers get $400K ‘surprise’ funding for classroom projects
📸 A thousand words
At a lookout in the Overland Park Arboretum and Botanical Gardens, nature lovers can see the leaves changing on a sunny fall afternoon. Photo credit Kaylie McLaughlin.