A restaurant serving Asian cuisine has moved operations from Kansas City, Missouri to Johnson County.
Saki Asian Restaurant officially opened its doors to its new southern Overland Park digs at the end of October.
Saki operates at 12084 W. 135th St.
- The restaurant operates on the northwest corner of 135th Street and Quivira Road, near the Quivira Crossings shopping center.
- Saki neighbors Pizza Shuttle, and it’s also near Abelardo’s Mexican Fresh — which opened earlier this year.
- Saki operates from 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, and from 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Thursday through Sunday.
Saki serves sushi and Chinese cuisine
- Saki’s menu features several sushi rolls, from sashimi and “classics” like spicy tuna to “signature” rolls with blue crab and fried lobster.
- In addition to sushi, Saki serves Asian wok entrees like crispy honey chicken and honey walnut shrimp, as well as rice and noodle dishes like pad Thai and house fried rice.
- The menu also offers appetizers like egg rolls, spicy edamame, dumplings and fried sweet potatoes.
This is Saki’s first Johnson County location
- Saki originally opened across state lines, where it operated for three years before closing earlier this year.
- Owner Zhen Liu said he chose Overland Park as its next spot after his family moved there to gain access to the Blue Valley School District.
- Liu characterizes Saki’s menu as “a little bit of everything” at a reasonable price — with several gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan options as well.
- “We want the customer to come in and (be able to) order everything they like in one place,” he said.
Want more restaurant news? Aixois, popular Brookside bistro, coming to Leawood