TGIF, Shawnee Mission!
☀️ Today’s forecast: Sunny. High: 52. Low: 33.
🚨 One thing to know
The new Whole Foods Market off of W. 119th Street and Blue Valley Parkway in Overland Park is officially open.
This more than 45,500-square-foot store replaces the former Whole Foods nearby at 6621 W. 119th St., according to a company press release.
There are more than 750 local items in stock at the store including products from Messner Bee Farm, Two Niles Co. and Grace’s Best.
Tortilla chips from Yolí Tortillera, winner of the 2023 James Beard Award for Outstanding Bakery, will also be on the shelves.
The new Overland Park location also features an upgraded coffee bar, as well as interior and exterior gathering spaces, according to the release.
“We are thrilled to continue serving the wonderful community of Overland Park with this new, larger location,” store team leader Melissa Arnett said in the press release.
The new Whole Foods Market in Overland Park is open from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily.
🍎 Johnson County Educator Recruitment Fair
Several Johnson County school districts are hosting their first collaborative job fair to attract and recruit educators to local schools.
The Blue Valley School District, Olathe School District and USD 232 in De Soto are hosting the fair from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, Nov. 17, at the Hilltop Conference Center, 7700 W. 143rd St., Overland Park.
Future educators can meet with all the school districts, learn about various open positions, discuss pathways to licensure, learn about degree programs and participate in on-site interviews.
No registration is required for the event.
🗓 Weekend things to do
- Overland Park Mayor’s Holiday Fest: Friday, 5 to 8 p.m. [See more]
- Gobbler Grind Marathon, Half Marathon and 5K at Corporate Woods: Sunday [Sign up here]
- Holiday Kid Makers Market at Lenexa Public Market: Sunday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. [See the vendors]
🚀 Post’s top Thursday stories
- Overland Park’s Stanley Square complex to expand, get facelift
- Plan for 39-home neighborhood in new area of Overland Park moves ahead
- Sushi and Chinese restaurant Saki opens in Overland Park
- JoCo Notes: Olathe schools could change start, end times next year
- New German sister city park in southern Overland Park gains key approval
📸 A thousand words
Fall flowers flourish at the Overland Park Arboretum and Botanical Gardens. Photo credit Kaylie McLaughlin.