Loch Lloyd, a private gated community in Cass County, Mo., wants to expand its footprint across State Line into Johnson County by constructing a new subdivision near 175th Street and Kenneth Road.
The Johnson County Board of County Commissioners on Thursday unanimously approved a final development plan for the new neighborhood dubbed “Blue Valley at Loch Lloyd.”
It will have 23 residential lots
- Each lot in the new subdivision is set to range from 2 to slightly more than 3 acres on roughly 62 acres of total property.
- The gate community’s streets would connect back to Wallace Way, with no direct access to either 175th Street or Kenneth Road.
- Blue Valley at Loch Lloyd is expected to be completed by fall 2023, according to the developer.
The site will neighbor Loch Lloyd in Missouri
- Residents of the new subdivision will have access to the original Village of Loch Lloyd across State Line Road.
- They’ll also have access to Stonehaven at Loch Lloyd, a newer subdivision on the Missouri side to the north of the property, near 167th and Kenneth.
Loch Lloyd is known for its golf course
- Loch Lloyd’s original gated community, The Village of Loch Lloyd, was built around a golf course designed by retired professional golfer and Kansas City area native Tom Watson.
- In September, the developer debuted Stonehaven at Loch Lloyd as its newest expansion of the gated community.