A large cluster of new townhomes are on their way to southern Leawood.
The “Mayfair at Regents Park” townhome project by Overland Park-based Lashbrook Companies gained final city approval earlier this month.
The Leawood City Council reviewed and approved the final plan for the project on May 15, paving the way for construction to begin on the townhomes this fall.
The project will add 59 new townhomes to the area
- The development will take up about 3 1/2 acres on the southeast corner of 135th and Chadwick.
- The three-story buildings will range from triplexes to quadplexes, with three floors per house and two-car garages for each unit.
- Developers also plan to build private pickleball courts on the southeast side of the project.
The townhomes will become part of the Regents Park project
- The overall plan for the Regents Park development also includes 81 twin villas, which are currently under construction.
- The townhomes will sell starting at roughly $650,000, while lots for the twin villas begin at $900,000.
- Like the Mayfair townhomes, these twin villas are intended for ownership, not for rent, developers said.
Housing is growing in this part of Leawood
- The Regents Park development also neighbors the incoming One35 development, under the same ownership.
- That project will add 193 apartments, 35,000 square feet of retail and restaurant space, and roughly 77,000 square feet of office space to the corner of 135th Street and Kenneth Road.
- It’s also near the incoming East Village mixed-use development at West 133rd Street and Pawnee Lane, which gained final city approval earlier this year.
Go deeper: Leawood clears way for new townhomes near 135th and Mission